Generic Name: Alprazolam
Brand Names: Xanax, Xanax XR, Niravam
Strengths:: Xanax 2mg, 1mg, 0.5 mg, 0.25 mg
Where to buy Xanax online?
Xanax (Alprazolam) is grouped under the class of benzodiazepine which works by balancing the chemical imbalance in the brain. It is a FDA approved medication for treating anxiety disorder and also commonly prescribed for treating panic disorders. It is available in many different forms and shapes which includes tablet form, extended release, and immediate release forms.
The tablet form of Xanax is first made by Pfizer; the other manufacturing companies just make their generic versions. This drug has been classified as schedule IV-controlled substances by Drug Enforcement and Administration in the U.S.
How to take Xanax?
- Follow the instructions given by the doctors while taking this medicine. If you find any allergic reactions like skin rash, swelling up of face and legs, consult the doctors to overcome.
- Take the prescribed dosage of Xanax along with balanced diet. The high-fat content food would reduce the working speed of the drug in the body.
- Better to avoid heavy fat content food before and after the intake.
- It should be taken orally along with a glass of water. Taking it with other medication would lead to drug interaction.
- It should be taken only for the recommended duration. Since this medication is meant for only short-term use, continuing for long period would make you addicted to this drug.
- Chewing, crushing of Xanax tablet should be strictly avoided as the proper way to consume this pill is swallowing it with water.
- Do not share Xanax with others as this med is habit forming, taking it without the proper consultation would mislead the person to abuse the drug.
The dosage of Xanax will get varied with different people depending on their medical issues as well as their health condition. However, below is the usual dosage recommendation for treating various problems.
An initial dose of Xanax for anxiety is 0.25mg to 0.5mg. And it is mostly recommended to take with regular interval. 4mg dose of this medicine is considered as the maximum dose, it should be taken if the severity of this psychic illness is very high with the advice of the physician.
For treating panic disorder, It should be taken 0.5mg orally thrice a day. The dose can be increased gradually if needed till 10mg. It should be taken in divided doses.
Consult the doctors to choose between the extended release form and immediate release form of this medication.
Overdose of Xanax
The overdose of Xanax will affect CNS of an individual. One should seek the physician help immediately if encountered with the following symptoms.
- Difficulty in concentrating.
- Dry mouth.
- Mild to severe Headache.
- Joint pains.
Overdosing Xanax along with alcohol will be fatal. Better avoid alcohol consumption while taking this drug.
Warnings and precautions
Xanax has the capacity to make an individual get dependent. One needs to inform your doctor if you cannot survive without taking the drug after the 2-3 weeks.
Seizures are prone to happen in an individual if abruptly discontinue the Xanax usage.
Since this has CNS depressant effects, it will reduce the mental alertness so, it is advised not to prefer a car drive, operating the heavy machinery or doing any work which requires the caution.
Pregnancy women are advised to stay from Xanax as its chemical compound will affect the brain development of the fetus. Let your doctor know if you are planning to get pregnant and make the drug adjustment to treat the anxiety condition.
Xanax medication should not be taken by the people who have any of the following health conditions.
- Recent or history of heart attack,
- Kidney diseases,
- History of drugs abuse,
- Breathing problem or lung disease,
Before taking this medication, check the expiry date of the pack to avoid the unwanted problem.
Take necessary precautions and consider warnings of Xanax before taking.
Side effects of Xanax
Taking Xanax will result in side effects apart from treating the anxiety disorder. The possible side effects are listed below.
- Suicidal thoughts
- Slurred speech,
- Respiratory depression,
Taking Xanax along with other medication would result in drug interaction. The drug which has the capacity to inhibit the activity of Xanax is essentially to be avoided. It is reported that 31% of drug interaction will happen if a person consumes this anxiety medication along with the drug contains imipramine, desipramine.
Oral contraceptive pills will reduce the effect of Xanax when taken in together.
Xanax should not be kept under sunlight or exposed to heat. It should be stored at room temperature.
It should be kept away from babies or children as it would affect their health severely if they have taken in unknowingly.